Thursday, April 8, 2010

Growing up...

Yesterday, B and M spent the afternoon together - violin lessons, a haircut for M to repair the self-trim job he did last week, and a trip to Brooks Brothers for M's first big guy outfit complete with bow tie!


First, a thought on self-cutting of the hair. My kid is actually quite good at cutting the front of his hair, which is the only part he ever cuts. How good you ask? Well, it usually takes me several days to even notice that he has cut his own hair at which point I usually ask, "Hey, M, did you cut your hair again?!!?" And M answers, with a shrug, "yeah, it was in my way. but I did a good job huh?" And he does - I mean it isn't Ms. Grace (his stylist) good, but pretty even and straight across and not too short. So, since we are headed to a wedding this weekend - M's first - we needed to get a haircut and straighten out the self-cut bangs slightly.


B took M to Brooks Brothers to find some suitable clothing to wear to the wedding. The outfit they brought home is, well, adorable!! See for yourself:


They also came home with a Brooks Brothers teddy bear. Now I was suspicious as B is not one for buying stuffed animals, unlike me. (I admit it, I have a soft spot for stuffed animals. I know that they aren't actually alive but I still agree with M that they have feelings...) Turns out, Warren, the BB sales guy, was so impressed with M's behavior and patience during the trying on and tailoring that he bought the teddy bear and gave it to M! Just in case you are wondering, the bow tie was a M selection :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment