Today, M and I were playing around and I was pretending to give him lots and lots of kisses. Now that he is getting older, he always tells me, "Mom, stop giving me so many kisses." But, what he doesn't know is that asking me to stop kissing him is almost like asking me to stop breathing. I love him SO much that I just have to kiss him sometimes. After all that B and I have been through on the "family planning" front, I honestly look at M and feel deep, abiding gratitude for his presence in our lives every single day. I wonder if parents who have not struggled as we have remember to feel gratitude for their child(ren) every day. I sure hope so.
Anyway, I digress. While we were playing and I was pretending to try to give M "too many kisses", he at one point yelled out "Keep your kissy mischief lips away from me!" I started laughing and I asked him if only I had 'kissy mischief lips' or all women. "Oh, all girls have kissy mischief lips," he replied. I'm making sure to record this so that when he is a teenager I can remind him that girls have 'kissy mischief lips' and he should be aware.
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment