There are many, many things that I adore about our son, but his love of reading is definitely toward the top of the list. Today he told B, "Dad, you know I was born to read." How adorable is that?!
If you get him a new chapter book, he will sit down, tune out the entire world and just READ for hours. I can very much appreciate this because I can do the same thing and used to do it a lot when I was a kid. My mom was always telling me to "get your nose out of that book" and I have given her a hard time about this for years. "Who tells their daughter to stop reading?" I always tease. Well, I hope she is reading this particular post because lately I have heard myself saying, "M STOP reading that book right now and...[put on your shoes, get ready for school, set the table for dinner]" and half of the time he holds the book in one hand and tries to comply with what I have asked him to do while not actually losing physical contact with the book. While the grown-up side of me finds this to be irritating because it is usually at a time when we need to be doing something else and in a timely fashion, the kid side of me remembers so well loving to have my book and not wanting to tear myself away. I hope his love affair with books lasts a lifetime!
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment