When we discovered at our 20 week ultrasound that M. was going to be a boy, I was a little worried. I grew up with a sister and wasn't sure that I would know how to be a good mom to a boy. But, man, someone knew what they were doing! I love being the mom of a boy. It is fun to build with Legos and race around on wheeled vehicles. And, boys are hilarious. 2 cases in point:
1. The other day M was crying on the sofa because his ears were still hurting him after his surgery (poor thing!). So, he's crying and I'm trying to comfort him and then all of a sudden he toots (passes gas). He looked at me, I looked at him and we both just started laughing. At which point, he tooted again and we laughed even harder!! And, it effectively stopped the crying too.
2. I served asparagus for dinner on Monday night. At first, M refused to eat it, said he doesn't like asparagus. When I explained that eating asparagus will make your pee stink, he suddenly LOVED it and ate about 5 spears. And, the next morning was rewarded with stinky pee, which he found vastly amusing!
See - boys ARE hilarious :-)
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment