Yesterday, after watching the end of Tarzan (the Disney version, of course), M. turned to me and said, "Mom, when you die is this the way it works? You get to say a few things and then you go straight to Heaven?" Kind of caught me off guard b/c I hadn't really been paying close attention to the movie, although I knew (spoiler alert!!) that the dad-gorilla had died. I thought is was fairly perceptive of him to make that connection. Lest you be concerned, we don't watch violent movies here - nothing rated higher than G - but occasionally the good folks at Disney will have someone die in the movie and usually, as M noticed, they get to say a few words before they go. Interesting that he picked up on it.
Last week he came home from school and told me in a very solemn voice that their class goldfish had "passed."
I said, "Passed? Like died?"
He said, "Yes, that is what Ms. Carole said. (again with a very serious face and slow, solemn voice) He passed."
At this point I'm pretty sure he clucked his tongue and shook his head. Made me feel like I was having this conversation with my own grandmother.
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment