Well, I have obviously fallen behind the times here lately! The big news around here is the M is now "officially" 5 and is very taken with all things that "big kids" do. He is dressing himself and offering to do more chores. He is also somewhat resistant to let his mommy give him kisses all the time now. In fact, yesterday he told me that he has zapper cheeks which zap anyone who tries to kiss his cheeks or touch them. I'm now having to resort to sneaking kisses in when he is sleeping or extorting them in return for help with Legos.
Ah, Legos. This is a new found passion in our home and M is a lego maniac. (Maybe we should have named him Zack - ha, ha!) He LOVES his legos and is really very good at building all kinds of creative stuff with them - lots of vehicles and flying machines, but also some cool buildings. He has taken, though, to doing this toneless and loud humming when building his creations which is driving his dad CRAZY. (I can use my mom powers to usually just ignore it.) Back to the Legos - I'm thrilled that he likes them so much and have been encouraging it. Today he built a "ride" that had a very complicated explanation to go along with it (like at an amusement park) and when I told him that there are engineers whose actual job it is to create and build rides like that his eyes got super huge. Maybe I'll be able to convince him to not be a motorcycle policeman after all!
Regular Granddad is coming tomorrow for a visit - we are all very excited and M spent quite some time in the tub tonight scrubbing it with his brush to make sure it was clean for Granddad. He also wants to sleep with his special guest - I told him they could have a snore-off. :-)
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment