Friday, July 3, 2009

Adventures


We had a BIG day today. This morning M and I headed to Mississippi to pick blueberries. We had done this once before during a visit to Seattle. Let me just say that there are several differences between picking this time and picking in Seattle:

1. I was the only adult which made the picking take MUCH longer.
2. It was about 20 degrees hotter this time - even at 8:30 in the morning.
3. Because of the freakishly hot weather we have had, the berries were scarce and we had to hunt to find good bushes.

However, we got 1 gallon that we picked and had some fun in the process. In case you are wondering, that is a super hero mask under the glasses in the picture above.
After our morning adventure, we headed to the Pink Palace for the special anamatronic dinosaur exhibit. It was very cool - both M and I agreed on this. The dinos (T Rex, Apatosaurus, Mosasaurus, etc.) looked really life like. They are operated by robotic insides and you could see and operate a sample robot to see how it all worked under the skin. You should have seen the kids all jump when the T Rex turn its head toward them, open its mouth and roar!! Funny stuff.
We also did the Dino Scavenger Hunt which takes you through the older, permanent exhibits with dinosaur fossils found locally in the mid-south area. M really liked this and did a great job solving the puzzles. Then, we had to visit the Piggly Wiggly exhibit where you walk through the old fashioned grocery store. I'm pretty sure M likes this exhibit solely for the turnstiles at the beginning and end. He asked to do it again (to go through the turnstile again after I chased him off of repeated rounds on the exit turnstile.) When I declined, he said "But Mom, this time I want to look at the stuff and ask you questions." Boy is that kid smooth with the lines!

No comments:

Post a Comment