Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day

I had a great Mother's Day, in no small part due to my 2 great guys. I do have to say that I think that what a 5 year old thinks you want vs. what you may actually want are kind of funny. For example, as a "special treat" for Mother's Day, M offered to read his books to me while I had breakfast in bed. And, it was a good thing too because he saved me from having to read the Sunday newspaper all by myself while enjoying the delicious breakfast that B made for me. Really, that was a close call! ;-)

But, seriously, in speaking with my friends and hearing about their Mother's Day and what their husbands and children did, I have to say that I find it amazingly sweet how hard some of these guys work to give us a special day. Their plans may not turn out perfectly - or even close to the original plan - but they really try hard to show how much they love us. The best gift I received, in addition to M reading to me while I ate my breakfast - which I really DID enjoy - was when my wonderful, sweet husband thanked me for Matthew. When you think about it, I DID do most of the work for 9 months in 2003-2004, so it was really nice of him to acknowledge that. And, he is a pretty great parent too. But, we'll get a chance to focus on him next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment